Anticipated hiring: Immediate
Westminster School, one of the leading independent boarding schools in the country, is a diverse, close-knit community of 95 faculty, 70 staff, and 400 male and female students (seventy-five percent boarding, twenty-five percent day students) set on a 200-acre campus in Simsbury, Connecticut. Since its founding in 1888, Westminster School has been committed to the core values of community, character, balance, and involvement. Our motto describes our community – “virtute et numine” – by Grit & Grace.
Westminster School has an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse on its Simsbury, CT campus. The role of the RN provides the qualified individual an opportunity to care for adolescents and work with a multidisciplinary team of health care providers in a CT-state licensed infirmary. The hours for this position have not been determined and will depend on the individual hired.
- CT Licensure required.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and be tech savvy.
- Must be extremely reliable and flexible.
- Strong assessment and critical thinking skills required.
- Ability to respond to high-stress situations in a calm and efficient manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including sensitivity to and experience working with people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be positive and get along with visitors, vendors, students, and colleagues.
- Current driver’s license with clean driving record required.
- Must be First Aid/AED/CPR certified.
- Flexibility to work varying hours and shifts.
- Ideal candidate resides within 30-minute drive to campus.
This is a non-exempt (hourly) position that offers a competitive salary; benefits eligibility varies depending on hours worked per week. Significant time off during school vacations. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to the Director of Human Resources, Pamela Daly, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Westminster School expects all current and new employees to be up-to-date with vaccination against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination. Employees may request a medical or religious exemption from vaccination.
Westminster School is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from candidates of color. Westminster School reaffirms its long-standing nondiscriminatory policy and employs individuals of any race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available at Westminster. Westminster does not discriminate in its hiring, educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship programs, or athletic and other school-administered programs.